The Commonwealth Department of Social Services (DSS) updated its website on 18 December 2014. The update announced the extension of current funding for HACC services, with time variations for certain service types.
This is much-awaited and welcome news, as the HACC sector prepares to transition to the new Commonwealth Home Support Program (CHSP) by June 2015.
- Majority of current (HACC) providers will receive two years of continued funding until 30 June 2017, including an initial period of transition.
- Services that are funded under Sector Support and Development (or “non-output”) services will have contracts extended until 31 October 2015, while arrangements for CHSP sector support and development are being reviewed and settled.
- Current funding under Counselling, Support, Information and Advocacy for care recipients will be extended until 31 October 2015, while activities are being reviewed.
- Current funding for assessment, case management or client care coordination services will cease on 30 June 2015 as per DSS advice on 24 October 2014.
DSS also announced that the following equally-awaited documents will be released in “early 2015”. The sector is encouraged to read the documents and provide feedback:
- CHSP Draft National Fees Policy
- CHSP Draft Programme Manual
- More information on sector support and development
For details on these announcements, please click on the links below:
Download Information Sheet for (HACC) Service Providers here.