Generation CommunitY Leadership Enrolments
Generation CommunitY is a leadership program designed for people under 35, on the pathway to a management role or already in a management position. The WSCF Generation CommunitY program helps you to define, set and reach your goals.
Over 6 months, young leaders tackle adaptive leadership, thought leadership and change management in a workshop learning environment.
Home Ever After
The Home Ever After program is a trusted, tailor-made rehoming plan for your beloved pet, organised by RSPCA NSW should you ever need it. It secures the health and wellbeing of your pet if you were to become permanently incapacitated or pass away.
Ready to Respond
Infrastructure NSW has partnered with Fams to facilitate free information workshops for services in Hawkesbury-Nepean regarding flood and emergency preparedness and recovery.
There are two workshops being offered:
- Monday 9 September at Richmond Club
- Wednesday 11 September at Marsden Park Brewhouse
Participants can register to attend for half day from 9am to 12.30pm or full day 9am to 4.30pm.
The Future Leaders Project
The Future Leaders Project is an ILC-funded initiative that will run for 10 months and provide free and accessible workshops and training with professional facilitators/trainers for people with disability from cultural and linguistically diverse (CALD) and non-English-speaking (NES) backgrounds. Participants don’t need to have prior skills or work experience. The workshops and training will enable participants to develop leadership skills and knowledge that can help them in organising the affairs of disability organisations, connecting with government agencies and members of parliament, and advocating for the rights of people with disability.
Toolkit for CALD People in Aged Care Royal Commission
The Federation of Ethnic Communities’ Councils of Australia has recently launched a new toolkit which aims to assist culturally and linguistically diverse older people and their families to tell their stories to the Aged Care Royal Commission.
• What the Royal Commission on Aged Care Quality and Safety is and how it works
• Why it is important that the Royal Commission hears from CALD Australians
• How to tell the Royal Commission about their experience in their own language (in writing, by telephone or as a recording)
My Aged Care consumer resources
The My Aged Care website features a range of resources for you to share with consumers about how to get started with My Aged Care.
These resources include new case study videos for:
- people who speak other languages
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- You can view or download all of these resources from the My Aged Care website.
Directory of Western Sydney Services for Commonwealth Home Support Program
The updated Directory of Western Sydney Services for Commonwealth Home Support Program is now available.
Please contact Sora Machida, Multicultural Access Project Officer
Ph: 8838 2173 Sora.Machida@health.nsw.gov.au
Free guide: Adding value to governance in aged care
The Governance Institute of Australia has refreshed their free guide, ‘Adding value to governance in aged care’ to help providers manage their governance responsibilities.
The free guide addresses a broad range of issues including:
- the role of governance and a director
- the unique challenges facing the sector
- factors to consider before taking a board position
- issues the board should consider when appointing a new member
- the relationship between the board and management
- risk management
- interaction with stakeholders.
Western Sydney Community Forum Tailored Services
Tailored solutions: We work one-on-one with community-focused agencies and groups, providing tailored solutions to assist in tackling specific priorities – whether it’s about service delivery or your business operations. Our qualified team has a wide range of multidisciplinary experience, enabling us to match you with the right person for the job.
Customised training: WSCF has a long history of providing industry development opportunities. We understand the human services industry that you work in and we have designed specific training programs to meet those specific needs. Training can be customised and delivered at a venue of your choosing.
What we Offer
Our team can deliver training customised to your situation, including but not limited to:
- Marketing and branding
- Tender writing
- Measurement and evaluation
Our experienced facilitators draw on proven approaches to achieve results. Some areas of speciality include:
- Visioning and value-based sessions
- Strategic and business planning
- Design thinking workshops to build new ideas
- Project planning and development
- Complex negotiations, mergers and partnerships
- Review and evaluation sessions
- Public or community meetings
Tell us where a facilitated outcome might assist you. We can customise our approach to suit your needs. We also offer design services, for your reports, flyers, publications.
WSCF members are entitled to subsidised services