Making Sense, Moving Forward – Quality & Safeguarding Half Day Workshop
Sydney: 23 July
In late May, the NDIS Practice Standards were released. In this workshop our DSC Quality & Safeguards Subject Matter Specialists will give you their expert insights, analysis, and practice implications to get your organisation QSF ready, with a focus on:
- Leveraging the new rules to enhance participant outcomes
- Identifying the key success factors for supporting the whole organisation in the transition
- Understanding (and surviving) the audit process
- Expectations of assessment – services, regulators, stakeholders, assessment agencies, assessors
- Processes to map your current approach to the new systems
- Working with the changes to the SDA Rules
- Analysing the changing role of the Quality and Safeguarding Commission
- Implementing the new requirements for Worker Screening and Orientation
- Understanding the significant changes in new Provider Registration: Verification and Certification
- Translating the new Code of Conduct into practice.
WSCF Communities of Change Roadshow
Western Sydney Community Forum is pleased to partner with local councils and organisations to present the Communities of Change Roadshow sessions.
These sessions will deliver key findings and offer insights specifically related to current and future service delivery in your local government area.
This is an opportunity to gain insights that will assist in making quality strategic decisions for your organisation.
To RSVP for this session email firstname.lastname@example.org. Places are limited. Don’t miss out!
Zero Barriers Awards Night – Bankstown
Zero Barriers Excellence Awards for services and businesses aims to recognise and celebrate excellence in helping create a disability-friendly business centre in Sydney’s South West. The Award will help promote businesses and services in building a platform for them to be widely recognised in the market as inclusive, ethical and dynamic.
The Awards Presentation Night will be held at Bankstown Library and Knowledge Centre on 25 July 2018.
RSVP to attend the
Awards ceremony: Monday 16 July 2018 to or call 02 9796 2235
Half day workshop – Supported Independent Living &NDIS – cutting through the chaos
Supported Independent Living (SIL) is the area of the NDIS with the highest committed funds and possibly the highest amount of provider pain. This workshop will move beyond the policy to discuss how SIL is actually working (or not working) in practice, using a worked example to outline the process of assessing support intensity and preparing a SIL quote.
Sydney 24 July – 1:30 – 4:30pm
‘Making Sense, Moving Forward’
Quality & Safeguarding Half Day Workshop
23 July 2018 – 9:30am – 12.45pm
Venue to be confirmed
Nepean Disability Expo
The highly anticipated bi-annual Nepean Disability Expo is back for another big year at the Penrith Panthers Marquee on the 14th and 15th September, 2018.
Early Bird & Sponsor Booths are now available, register today to get first access to discounted booths and first group allocations.
Early Bird booths will be limited, so secure your spot as soon as possible via the’Book Now’ button.
Visit the website for more information.
Or contact organisers on: 02 9025 9388 or email: email@example.com
Aged Care Reform After the 2018 Federal Budget conference
25 & 26 July 2018
- Insights from Treasurer Scott Morrison, Minister Greg Hunt & Minister Ken Wyatt about what comes next for ageing and aged care
- An understanding of how the Budget delivered on recommendations with lead reviewers David Tune AO PSM & Kate Carnell AO
- An update on the single quality framework and the new Quality and Safety Commission from the Australian Aged Care Quality Agency & the Department of Health
- Expert discussions on financial sustainability in aged care with the Aged Care Financing Authority, leading experts from StewartBrown & Professor Michael Woods from the Centre for Health Economics Research & Evaluation