NDIS Price Guide 2019-2020
The NDIS Price Guide and Support Catalogue 2019–20 came into effect 1 July 2019. Some of the key updates include:
• General price increases
• Specific increases for therapists, attendant care and community participation
• Introduction of a Temporary Transformation Payment (TTP)
• Remote and very remote loadings increase
• Updates to travel, non-face-to-face and cancellation billing policies
More details on the price guide update are available here.
Residential and Home Care Fees and Charges
The latest Residential and Home Care schedule of fees and Charges came into effect on 1 July 2019. These charges and payments apply to care recipients who first entered care from 1 July 2014. The full schedule is available here.
With 56 Aged Care Navigator trials currently underway, the Council on the Ageing NSW Inc (COTA) and Co.As.It. Italian Association of Assistance, are the two organisations servicing Western Sydney. Their information hubs are able to provide aged care clients information on how to better navigate the system and guide them towards the services or assistance they may need.
For more information please visit:
Aged Care Diversity Framework action plans
Under the Aged Care Diversity Framework, Action Plans were developed in February 2019, that addressed:
• older people with diverse characteristics and life experiences
• older Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
• older people from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Backgrounds
• older lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans and gender diverse, and intersex elders
Aged Care Services in Australia
As part of the Aged Care System Navigators trials, OPAN is hosting a series of webinars. You can access the saved free webinar providing an Introduction to Aged Care Services in Australia. This is a practical introduction that includes information on how to enter aged care, how to contact My Aged Care, arrange an assessment and choose services appropriate to your living situation. View the webinar and register for future updates here.
Avenue Social empowers individual choice in accessing the community. Instead of offering a set calendar of activities, Avenue Social consults with NDIS participants and their families to plan monthly group and one-on-one activities, based on each person’s interest. Whether that be a bike ride in a local park, a martial arts class or a day spent at the go kart tracks – each participant has a say and Avenue Social organises support for the day.
Spaces are currently available in their Avenue Parramatta hub. To find out more, email the Avenue Parramatta Intake team at email@example.com or phone 0490 367 610.
My Aged Care consumer resources
The My Aged Care website features a range of resources for you to share with consumers about how to get started with My Aged Care.
These resources include new case study videos for:
- people who speak other languages
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- You can view or download all of these resources from the My Aged Care website.
Directory of Western Sydney Services for Commonwealth Home Support Program
The updated Directory of Western Sydney Services for Commonwealth Home Support Program is now available.
Please contact Sora Machida, Multicultural Access Project Officer
Ph: 8838 2173 Sora.Machida@health.nsw.gov.au
Free guide: Adding value to governance in aged care
The Governance Institute of Australia has refreshed their free guide, ‘Adding value to governance in aged care’ to help providers manage their governance responsibilities.
The free guide addresses a broad range of issues including:
- the role of governance and a director
- the unique challenges facing the sector
- factors to consider before taking a board position
- issues the board should consider when appointing a new member
- the relationship between the board and management
- risk management
- interaction with stakeholders.
Western Sydney Community Forum Tailored Services
Tailored solutions: We work one-on-one with community-focused agencies and groups, providing tailored solutions to assist in tackling specific priorities – whether it’s about service delivery or your business operations. Our qualified team has a wide range of multidisciplinary experience, enabling us to match you with the right person for the job.
Customised training: WSCF has a long history of providing industry development opportunities. We understand the human services industry that you work in and we have designed specific training programs to meet those specific needs. Training can be customised and delivered at a venue of your choosing.
What we Offer
Our team can deliver training customised to your situation, including but not limited to:
- Marketing and branding
- Tender writing
- Measurement and evaluation
Our experienced facilitators draw on proven approaches to achieve results. Some areas of speciality include:
- Visioning and value-based sessions
- Strategic and business planning
- Design thinking workshops to build new ideas
- Project planning and development
- Complex negotiations, mergers and partnerships
- Review and evaluation sessions
- Public or community meetings
Tell us where a facilitated outcome might assist you. We can customise our approach to suit your needs. We also offer design services, for your reports, flyers, publications.
WSCF members are entitled to subsidised services